1. Upliftment of farmers by creating employment apportunities.
2. To encourage commercial cultivation of economically important Horticulture crops as a source of livelihood to the farmers.
3. To rehabilitate the traditional jhumias on a sustained productive farming for improving their socio-economic conditions.
4. Import technology in the practice of precission farming like covered cultivation (Hi-Tech Greenhouses etc.) to have quality product and to increase the production and productivity per unit area.
1. Self sufficient in Horticulture produces to meet the state requirement .
2. To have surplus production for sale outside the state as well as for Exports.
3. Impart new technologies in Horticulture fields and disseminate the same to the cultivators in Mizoram.